Mexican Bean Soup with Wholemeal Nachos
18g fibre per portion
- 300g tinned kidney beans (drained weight 240g)
- 250ml reduced sodium vegetable stock
- 400g tinned tomatoes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 wholemeal wrap
- 160g sweetcorn
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
Optional: chilli flakes, sliced avocado, sour cream and fresh coriander to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Finely dice the onion, crush the garlic and sauté both in a pan with 1 tbsp oil over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until soft.
- Add cumin and smoked paprika and stir through.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, vegetable stock and half of the kidney beans.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the wrap into 8 triangles, drizzle with 0.5 tbsp oil and bake in the oven on the middle shelf for 10 minutes, turning halfway, until browned and crisp.
- Remove soup from the heat and blend until smooth.
- Return to a medium heat, add the sweetcorn and remaining kidney beans and heat through. Season to taste.
- To serve, ladle into bowls, top with the chilli flakes, sliced avocado, sour cream and fresh coriander (if using) and serve alongside the nachos.
+including sugars naturally occurring in fruits, vegetables and milk products