- Product detail
- How to use
Senokot 7.5mg/5ml Syrup 12 Years Plus is an effective laxative that contains natural senna, a plant extract, which works by stimulating the muscles in the bowel. Clinically proven, this medicine is for short-term, occasional constipation and can work whilst you sleep to help to get your body back in balance. This product is available to buy from the pharmacy in 150ml.
Stimulant laxatives do not reduce the number of calories absorbed from food. This means they do not help with weight loss.
Use for: Predicatable overnight relief
Suitable for: Short-term use (no longer than 1 week)
Works in: 8-12 hours
Age: Adults aged over 18 years
Available in: 150ml (Pharmacy)
Each 5ml spoonful contains calcium sennosides, equivalent to 7.5mg total sennosides (calculated as sennosides B) in a fruit flavoured base.
Also contains: Methyl (E218) and propyl (E216), parahydroxybenzoates, potassium sorbate (E202) and malitol syrup (E965). Also contains small amounts of alcohol.
How to use
- For oral use only
- Adults and children aged over 12 years: one to two 5 ml spoonfuls at night
- Should not be used by children under 12 years of age
Duration of use:
- Not to be used for more than 1 week, but sufficient to take up to 2-3 times during that week
For a full list of usage instructions, see the information leaflet.
Do not take this product if you:
- Are allergic to any of the ingredients listed
- Have bowel or stomach problems
- Are pregnant or breast-feeding
- Have a kidney or heart failure
If the symptoms worsen or persist during the use of the medicinal product or there is no bowel movement after three days, a doctor or pharmacist should be consulted.
For a full list of warnings, see the information leaflet.