Chickpea and Vegetable Curry
18g fibre per portion
- 200ml light coconut milk
- 4cm piece of fresh ginger
- 600g tinned chickpeas (drained weight 360g)
- 400g tinned tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 100g shredded curly kale
- 225g brown rice (uncooked)
- 200g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp mild curry powder
Optional: small handful fresh chopped coriander
- Dice the onion and add to a pan over a medium heat with the oil. Grate in the garlic and fresh ginger and sauté for 8-10 minutes or until soft.
- Dice the pepper and add to the pan along with the drained chickpeas, tinned tomatoes and coconut milk.
- Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Add the kale and cook for 20 minutes (or until peppers are tender and sauce has thickened slightly).
- Meanwhile, cook the brown rice as per packet instructions.
- Season the curry to taste, add the frozen peas and stir through the fresh coriander (if using).
- Cook for a further 5 minutes or until peas are warmed.
- Serve alongside the cooked rice.
+including sugars naturally occurring in fruits, vegetables and milk products