Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
6.5g fibre per portion
- 100g oats
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 apple
- 5 tbsp natural yoghurt+
- 4 tbsp raisins
- 1 tsp ground ginger++
- 1 tsp cinnamon++
- ½ tsp nutmeg++
- 1 tbsp honey+++
- 60g mixed nuts (for serving, optional)
- A handful of blueberries (for serving, optional)
+Vegan alternative: plant-based soya yoghurt or coconut milk
++Alternatively, mixed spice can be used
+++Vegan alternative: agave syrup
- In a bowl, place the oats, natural yoghurt, honey, raisins and ground spices.
- Add 7 tbsp water and stir to combine.
- Grate the apple and carrots.
- Add to bowl and mix until all ingredients have been combined.
- Cover and leave in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- To serve, divide the mixture between four bowls and top with the mixed nuts and blueberries.
+including sugars naturally occurring in fruits, vegetables and milk products