15g fibre per portion
- 400g tinned chickpeas (drained weight 240g)
- 2 tsp plain flour
- 20g fresh parsley (small bunch)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 tsp olive oil (for baking)
- 1 medium red onion
- 4 tbsp natural yoghurt+
- 2.5 cloves of garlic
- 2 wholemeal wraps
- 1 tsp water
+Vegan alternative: plant-based soya yoghurt
Salad vegetables: red cabbage (100g), cucumber (100g), tomato (130g), yellow pepper (80g)
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Thinly slice the salad vegetables and set aside in a bowl.
- Prepare a greaseproof paper lined baking tray and pour the 3 tsp onto the paper.
- Add the chickpeas, onion, 2 garlic cloves, 1 tsp olive oil, parsley, flour and water to a blender and pulse until combined.
- Season to taste, then form into 8 balls, placing each individually onto the baking paper, once complete.
- Roll the 8 falafels around the baking tray to coat in the olive oil.
- Bake falafels in the oven for 10 minutes, then turn oven down to 150C and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mince the remaining garlic, mix through the yoghurt and season to taste.
- To serve, pile the salad vegetables into the wholemeal wraps, top with the falafels (4 per wrap) and drizzle over the garlic yoghurt dressing.
+including sugars naturally occurring in fruits, vegetables and milk products